Friday 3 December 2010

Dinsdale the Urban Warrior!

Sorry to have been off the air whilst suffering from "Man Flu". For those of you not familiar with this ailment - it is illustrated perfectly here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk5wScFGCjk

In the mean time the Wikileaks saga has rumbled on, giving me something else to think about when not clutching my throat or brow and whimpering pathetically like a puppy with a sore paw.

In particular, one thing to rouse me from my torpor today was the realisation that the company that holds the registration for Wikileaks - EveryDNS.net in California - has today cancelled their registration.  I am, of course, entirely sure that this was in no way connected with an unprincipled attempt to stifle criticism on the part of the US administration - whose total commitment to honesty, integrity and the rule of law has been made totally clear over the last few days. How can anyone think that?

In my new role, which sits more than a little uneasily with the vision in the mirror of a paunchy middle-aged man, as Urban Warrior (do I have to get a nickname? Will Stampy do? - an in joke for those that know me well) I felt I would do my best to help those wonderful champions of democracy in the White House by doing my bit to undo the damage.

Losing their registration is not the end for Wikileaks - their servers are still going in Sweden with mirrors in other country. What has happened is the equivalent of tearing up the index card in the library - the material is still there - as can be seen here.

http://wikileaks.info/

or try the IP address

88.80.13.160

I am not a fan of what Assange is doing, but on balance I feel that gagging him is the greater evil. To misquote the X-files, "The Truth should be out there"

Dum Spiro Spero

No comments:

Post a Comment