Wednesday 24 November 2010

This is not meek - this is courageous and right.

To follow up my post this morning, I did not make clear my implacable opposition to any element of payment for genuine education (and I will follow the herd and single out media studies as the one that irritates me most). I think the coalition are just plain wrong on even having tuition fees, let alone increasing them.

There are beacons of sanity it seems

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/universityeducation/8157187/Student-tuition-fees-protest-hero-female-peacemaker-hailed-after-confronting-violent-anarchists.html

Well done - reason rarely triumphs, but in this case Zoe is more likely to be interviewed by the media and able to make the case (she was on the demo after all) than rent-a-thug anarchists.

Dum Spiro Spero

No comments:

Post a Comment